Student theatre festival to begin Feb. 18
The Theatre Program at Penn State Berks will present N.O.W. (New Original Works) at Berks, an annual one-act student play festival, which will run from Feb. 18-22, 2013, in the Perkins Student Center Auditorium beginning at 8 p.m. each evening. The festival will showcase five, one-act plays written, performed, and produced by Penn State Berks students. Each play is approximately 10-12 minutes long.
The fifth annual festival is produced by Dr. Radhica Ganapathy, Assistant Professor of Theatre. Ashleigh LeVan, a junior majoring in Theatre, is the assistant producer, and Julia Elberfeld, a first-year student majoring in Theatre is the stage manager.
The following is a list of the plays, student playwrights, and directors for N.O.W. 2013:
- “Primary Colors,” written by Jerrie Johnson, first-year student; directed by Nicholas Gackenbach senior, Theatre major
- “Baby,” written by Stefanie Thomas, senior, Theatre major; directed by Ashanti Acosta, junior, Theatre major
- “Lost Hope,” written by DayDay Robinson, December 2012 graduate in Theatre; directed by Danielle Fitzgeorge, senior, Theatre major
- “Night at the Gallery,” written by Nicholas Gackenbach, senior, Theatre major; directed by Michael Williams, junior, Theatre major
- “For Better or Worse,” written by Ashanti Acosta; directed by Pat O'Neill, senior, Theatre major.
General admission is $10; admission for Penn State faculty and staff with ID is $7; admission for Penn State students with ID is $5. For more information, contact Dr. Radhica Ganapathy, at 610-396-6432 or via e-mail at RZG3@psu.edu.