Bachelor of Arts in Theatre
Students seeking admission to Theatre at Penn State Berks must:
- Apply for admission. The Undergraduate Admissions Office prefers that all students use the online web application.
- Schedule a date for an interview/audition with Theatre at Penn State Berks. Interviews/auditions typically begin at 12:00 p.m. (unless otherwise indicated) on dates arranged with the applicant.
Preparation for the Interview/Audition
Before the interview/audition all students must:
- Call Dr. Radhica Ganapathy at 610-396-6432 to schedule an audition. Be prepared to indicate your primary degree program emphasis (acting, directing, design tech, theatre management, playwriting, or general) or you may register online.
- Send two letters of recommendation, resume, and headshot (a photograph) to:
- James N. Brown (610-396-6419 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Program Coordinator for Theatre, Penn State Berks, Perkins Room 119, Tulpehocken Road, PO Box 7009, Reading, PA 19610
- Or fax information to 610-396-6026
- The letters of recommendation should address the student's character and theatre arts experience.
- All students need to submit a 1-2 page essay on a designated topic. The topic will be available when you call to schedule an interview/audition. The essay should be sent two weeks in advance of the interview/audition to the Program Coordinator.
Bachelor of Arts Freshmen, Advanced Standing Students, and Change of Major/Assignment:
- All students are required to interview with the faculty. Interviews will focus on the student's past theatre experience as well as the applicant's essay.
- Only those students interested in the performance emphasis will be asked to audition.
- Prepare a two-minute monologue from a contemporary script. The character should be appropriate to your age. We suggest that you work with your drama coach to identify an appropriate selection.
- Please dress comfortably (note: wear shoes that will allow you to move naturally) and be prepared to participate in vocal and physical warm-ups.
- Students may also submit an audition via Acceptd
Please check the our financial aid web pages for information on awards and scholarships available for School of Theatre students.
- B.A. in Theatre