Accelerated BS in Nursing Degree for Registered Nurses
Penn State Schuylkill's Accelerated RN to B.S. in Nursing Program Available at Penn State Berks Fall 2013
The RN to BS in Nursing program helps prepare you to meet the many changes in the health care field by expanding and enhancing your nursing education. This program is open to registered nurses who have either an associate degree or a diploma in nursing. Penn State will award 33 credits nursing credits based on your RN license.
These 7 week accelerated classes are held in special classrooms that include the latest interactive video conferencing technology, allowing you to experience real-time classroom collaboration with your instructors and peers--both in the same classroom and at other campus locations. Because these courses are accelerated, online course work is also included to complement the classroom expereience.
Benefits of Penn State's RN to BSN Program:
- Builds on the solid foundation of the registered nurses' basic nursing program
- Prepares the registered nurse to meet the rapid changes in health care
- Introduces the registered nurse to diverse and non-traditional aspects of nursing such as administration, pharmaceutical sales, managed care, and insurance
- Provides a course schedule designed to meet the needs of the working nurse
2013-2014 Classes Scheduled
FALL I 2013 August 30 - October 18
- ENGL 202D, 8:00 a.m - noon
- NURS 357 noon - 4:00 p.m.
- NURS 390 4:00 pm - 8:00 p.m.
FALL II 2013 October 25 - December 20
- Art Elective, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- STAT 250, noon- 4:00 p.m.
- NURS 430, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
SPRING I January 17 - March 7
- NURS 200W, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- Humanities elective, noon - 4:00 p.m.
- NURS 465, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
SPRING II March 14 - May 9
- NUTR 251, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- NURS 431, noon - 4:00 p.m.
- NURS 251, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
SUMMER I 2014 May 9-June 20
- CAS 100B, 8:00 a.m.-noon
- NURS 417 (4 credits), noon-4:00 p.m.
- NURS 475, 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
SUMMER II June 27-August 15
- NURS 475 (cont.) 8:00 a.m.-noon
- NURS 432 noon-4:00 p.m.
NOTE: Course order may change. Please consult with your assigned academic adviser regarding degree requirements and your course selection.
To find out how to register for these classes, or telephone her at 570-385-6061 or e-mail Shannon Del Conte (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone her at 570-385-6112.
Want to Review RN BS Program Requirements?
- Career Development