Penn State Schuylkill RN -B.S. Accelerated Schedule Available at Berks
This program is open to registered nurses who have either an associate degree or a diploma in nursing. Penn State will award 33 credits nursing credits based on their RN license.
These 7-week accelerated classes are held in special classrooms that include the latest interactive video conferencing technology, allowing individuals to experience real-time classroom collaboration with instructors and peers--both in the same classroom and at other campus locations. Because these courses are accelerated, online course work is also included to complement the classroom experience.
Benefits of Penn State's RN to BS Program:
- Builds on the solid foundation of the registered nurses' basic nursing program
- Prepares the registered nurse to meet the rapid changes in health care
- Introduces the registered nurse to diverse and non-traditional aspects of nursing such as administration, pharmaceutical sales, managed care, and insurance
- Provides a course schedule designed to meet the needs of the working nurse
Program Information Session:
When: Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Time: 5:00 - 7:00 PM
Where: Penn State Berks, Luerssen Science Building, Room 113
Be sure to bring your transcripts along for evaluation. Marianne Adam, Nursing Coordinator, will be in attendance to answer your questions and walk you through the admissions process.
FALL I 2015
- ENGL 202D, Effective Business Writing
- NURS 357, Introduction to Nursing Informatics
- NURS 390, Transition and the professional Nursing Role
FALL II 2015
- STAT 250, Introduction to Biostatistics, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- Art Elective, noon - 4:00 p.m.
- NURS 251, Health Assessment, 4:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
SPRING I 2016
- NURS 200W, Understanding and Applying Nursing Research
- Humanities Elective
- *NURS Elective (400 level)
SPRING II 2016
- *NURS 465 - Health Concepts for Adults w/Complex Health Care Needs
- NURS Elective (400 level)
- NUTR 251, Introductory Principles of Nutrition
SUMMER I 2016
- *NURS 475, Integrated Concepts in Nursing Practice
- *NURS 417 (4 credits), Family and Community Health Concepts
- CAS 100B, Effective Speech
SUMMER II 2015
- *NURS 475 (cont.), Integrated Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Elective (400 level)
NOTE: * Indicates a course that includes clinical activities. Course order may change. Please consult with your assigned academic adviser regarding degree requirements and your course selection.
Program Coordinator: Marianne T. Adam, Ph.D., RN, CRNP, 570-385-6061 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Enrollment Services: 570-385-6252 or email@example.com
- Career Development