The Planning, Research & Assessment Office (PRA) is dedicated to conducting quality research and assessment to inform the strategic planning process and decision making for Penn State Berks. PRA provides guidance, support, and resources in a timely manner to the College to ensure that all institutional research projects and assessment activities are meaningful, manageable, and sustainable.
The Planning, Research & Assessment Office will be the definitive University resource for college strategic planning, assessment of student learning outcomes, and higher education research to:
- Enable efficient use of resources
- maintain a campus culture of continuous improvement, and
- maximize institutional effectiveness of Penn State Berks.
Responsibilities of the Planning, Research and Assessment Office (PRA)
- Provide research to support decision making and policy decisions.
- Supporting strategic planning.
- Incorporate continuous improvement strategies in all College operations.
- Cooperatively define college issues.
- Incorporate efficient technological processes within research design, data gathering, reporting, and dissemination to make information accessible and meaningful.
- Develop assessment methodologies/research design that best captures the evaluation of student learning outcomes.
- Facilitate information gathering for program reviews, program assessment, and accreditation processes.
- Assist in benchmarking and peer-analysis studies.
- Provide training pertaining to strategic planning, assessment, research, and data gathering.
- Coordinate market research efforts and facilitate dissemination of results.
- Collaborate with other College and University personnel to exchange information.
- Enhance impact statements and evaluation protocols for external grant applications.
- Help the College to identify and understand factors that affect retention and graduation.
Engage in meaningful research
Design and implement robust research methodologies
- Use data to inform policy decisions
Collaborate & network
- Act and think creatively & strategically
Use technology to improve efficiency of operations
- Office of Planning, Research & Assessment