First Year Students -- For students starting with fewer than 18 college creditsYou must take your math placement test (Aleks) before scheduling a date. Your date will be cancelled if there are no test results on record.
New Student Orientation Part 1 (NSO1):
- Provides you with the results of your English and Math placements
- Provides you with a one-on-one interview with an NSO1 advisor. During this interview, you will discuss your educational plans.
- Familiarizes you with the academic structure of Penn State and with the wide range of degree programs available.
- Provides you with a Penn State Student ID. In order to obtain a Penn State id+Card, students must present one of the following forms of photo IDs: A state-issued drivers license or ID card, a passport, US or a military photo ID. PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING THIS WITH YOU ON YOUR NSO1 DAY.
- Acquaints you with the Berks campus, our procedures, some of our staff, and our out-of-class environment.
- Helps you select courses and register for your first semester of study. Course selection is done via group Advising Meetings and is for students only.
Timeline for students admitted Fall and Summer
Early March and throughout the summer: Students take the Alecks math assessment. See orientation.psu.edu for more information.
April: Students schedule an NSO1 date
June: Students activate their access accounts via an email from Penn State
June - July: Students attend a full-day new student orientation with modified programs available later in the summer. Learn more
Timeline for Students admitted for Spring
Mid-October: Students activate their access accounts via email from Penn State
Early November: Students take the Aleks math assessment. See orientation.psu.edu for more information
Mid-November: Students schedule an orientation date
Mid-December: Students attend a half-day New Student Orientation
Spring New Student Orientation Dates:
Monday, December 14 at 10:00am in 157 Franco
Tuesday, December 15 at 12:30am in 157 Franco
Click here to register
Transfer Students - For students transferring 18 or more college credits
Attending orientation provides students the opportunity to learn about Penn State Berks and get connected with the technology used for student records and classroom requirements.
Timeline for transfer students admitted for Fall and Summer
March and throughout the summer: Students activate their access accounts via an email from Penn State
Early May through mid-May: Receive information about transfer student orientations, the need to take the Aleks math assessment, and advising contact information.
End of May throughout summer: Schedule a transfer student orientation date; contact the advisor you were referred to for a review of your transfer credits to plan your spring schedule.
Timeline for transfer students admitted for Spring
Mid-October: Students activate their access accounts via an email from Penn State
Early November: Receive information about transfer student orientations, the need to take the Aleks math assessment, and advising contact information.
Mid-December: Students attend a half-day orientation to get their PSU IDs, learn about the campus and get instruction on the electronic resources.
Spring Transfer Student Orientation Dates:
Monday, Dec.7 at 12:30pm in Room 104 Franco
Friday, Dec. 11 at 11:30am in Room 150 Franco
Click here to register