Register for New Student Orientation Part 1 (NSO1)
Select your NSO1 Date via Online Registration »
How to Prepare for NSO1
- Pay your acceptance fee
- Take your online placement test--PLEASE TAKE THESE TESTS SERIOUSLY
- Beginning May 1, 2013, you will be able to schedule your NSO1 date.
Note: Alternate NSO1 arrangements are available if you live outside of PA, NJ, NY, DE, MD, or Washington DC. We will call you to discuss alternate arrangements if your residence falls outside of this region.
- Arrive prepared for your NSO1 date with an acceptable form of photo ID (such as a driver's license or state issued ID card, passport, or U.S. military photo ID) and a pencil or pen.
- View a video to learn about your day at NSO1.
New Student Orientation Part 1: Advising and Scheduling, conducted by Penn State's Division of Undergraduate Studies, assists new first-year students to evaluate their educational plans by providing them with a comprehensive program of testing and individualized educational planning and academic advising.
This program is the first stage of academic advising, and provides students with an understanding of their scholastic preparation, academic ability, and educational and professional interests, and introduces them to the academic structure and degree programs of the University.
Overnight Accommodations Available for New Student Orientation
For students and parents who are traveling to Penn State Berks for our New Student Orientation program this spring, we are pleased to offer overnight accommodations at a reasonable rate. We are opening up our residence halls to families to make your visit to our campus more leisurely. Share your student’s new environment by experiencing in part how he/she will live during the school year.
- Price for a Half Suite that sleeps 2 is $50.00
- Price for a Full Suite that sleeps 4 is $75.00
- Both include a continental breakfast
For information and reservations, call 610-396-6353
- New Student Orientation Part 1