Schedule an Appointment
We encourage you to make an appointment to meet with a tutor. Sessions last 45 minutes. If you think you'll need it, you can sign up for two back-to-back sessions.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You can sign up for two appointments per week.
- If you sign up for two appointments in one day, that counts as your two appointments for the week.
- Tutors will only work on a single, particular paper up to four times.
- You can try to drop in for a session, but priority will be given to those writers with appointments.
- Any student who is more than ten minutes late will lose his/her appointment slot, which may then be assigned to a walk-in.
Online Scheduler - Sign up for a session:Use our online scheduler to make your appointment. Please note that this is not a Penn State hosted system. For security of your Penn State identity, do NOT enter your PSU password into the registration system.
How to Use the Online Scheduler
- If this is your first-time using our online scheduler, you must register for an account. To do so, click the first visit link. Students who already have accounts should skip to step 3.
- Fill in the information for all of the required fields, and click “register.”
- Log in, using the registered email address and password.
- A white box indicates an available time slot. Select an available time, and click on the corresponding box.
- Fill in the requested information, including what you would like to address during your tutorial. Please be specific. For example, “Review outline for argumentative essay” will better assist your tutor in preparing for the tutorial than “Work on paper.”
- Once you hit "submit," you should receive an email confirmation and the time slot you chose should turn a different color.
- If you need help, there is a "Help" link near the top-left of the registration screen. If you have any other problems, please contact us at 610-396-6407 or email@example.com
- Writing Center