Our Strategic Plan
The Center for Learning & Teaching (CLT) will work in conjunction with the college’s faculty and staff to enhance the quality of the student centered learning environment and the teaching and learning process at Berks.
We are committed to being a leader in the advancement of face-to-face, blended, and online learning by integrating:
- Digital resources to further develop and expand research and teaching activities, and information dissemination for faculty and staff
- Teaching pedagogy to meet instructors’ course goals and objectives as well as the diverse learning styles of students
- Instructional technology tools to enhance the quality of the teaching and learning process
CLT staff will work collaboratively with faculty and staff to:
- Partner with Academic Affairs to enhance faculty development programs, student learning, and academic excellence at Berks
- Strengthen the college’s academic programs by integrating proven instructional theory and strategies to meet the diverse learning styles and the evolving needs of our students
- Identify, acquire, and integrate innovative instructional technologies and develop multimedia and web-based resources to support the college’s academic programs
Provide professional development opportunities, grants, training programs, and support services for faculty in partnership with Academic Affairs and appropriate units at University Park.
- Work collaboratively with the Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence, ITS, and Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) to deliver faculty development activities
- Present faculty development workshops and training events about emerging instructional technologies and multimedia tools, and the related pedagogical consideration in coordination with the IT trainer
- Provide timely updates and solicit feedback with academic divisions
- Provide instructional support services to faculty through Teaching & Learning Innovation Grants and CLT Interns
Provide multimedia design and development services including technical and pedagogical consultation to enable faculty to integrate online content and multimedia into courses.
- Design and develop digital learning materials, multimedia objects, and web-based instruction to enhance face-to-face, hybrid, and online delivery of courses
- Consult with faculty to incorporate existing and emerging multimedia technologies into courses
- Coordinate the effective pedagogical use of the Media Commons (MC) resources by acting as a liaison between faculty and the MC support team at University Park, overseeing the management of the MC facilities, and offering support to faculty as needed
Provide support and consultation services in the area of web design and development to support the college’s curricula.
- Provide consultation services to faculty in Web page design and publishing
- Provide consultation services to faculty in the development of new Web applications
Provide instructional design services to enhance course design and development in partnership with Academic Affairs and Berks faculty.
- Integrate proven instructional learning theories and strategies to enhance the teaching and learning process
- Provide support to faculty for grant projects focused on course enhancement
- Provide support in the design and development of Hybrid and online courses in union with the university and college’s strategic plans
- Research and design innovative instructional techniques, methods, and approaches in collaboration with faculty
- Work collaboratively with the college’s faculty and the Office of Planning, Research & Assessment to provide direct support in course assessment and evaluation methods and techniques
Promote the integration of instructional technologies across the college’s curricula.
- Provide consultation, support, and training in the use and integration of instructional technology tools
- Coordinate the effective pedagogical use of ANGEL (or other Learning Management System) by providing support locally as well as by referring faculty to university-wide resources
- Research, acquire, and test new and emerging instructional technology tools
- Collaborate with faculty, IT staff, and physical facilities to continually enhance the instructional technology equipment and facilities of the college
Promote continuous professional development opportunities for CLT faculty and staff in order to remain current with trends and developments within the field.
CLT staff participate in professional development activities to stay current with trends and developments in their field.
- Enhance professional development opportunities by providing support for research, conference attendance, and training workshops
- Encourage participation in professional development activities both within Penn State University and with professional organizations
- Center for Learning & Teaching
- Our Portfolio
- Instructional Resources