Media Commons Facilities
The Media Commons in the Thun Library offers three iMac computers equipped with iMovie and Final Cut Express for digital video editing, and with Garage Band for audio editing. The computers are located in study rooms 126, 127 and the adjacent alcove.
Watch our introductory video to learn about our facilities, local support options, and available equipment.
Samples of Student Work
View samples of work produced by students using our Media Commons facilities:
- Biology 416 Cancer Documentaries »
- LL ED 402 Digital Storytelling Project »
- Theatre 150 Audio Project »
Information for Faculty
Conceiving and Planning a Successful Multimedia-based Classroom Assignment
Faculty members interested in planning a multimedia assignment for their class should contact Mary Ann Mengel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Providing students with the required skills
Classroom demonstrations (iMovie or GarageBand) are available and can be scheduled by contacting Mary Ann Mengel. Carla Rapp supports eastern campuses with technology training for students.
Resources for you and your students
To help you plan your assignments, refer to the Media Commons Instructor's Guide.
To help your students understand the Media Commons resources, distribute our Informational Handout for Students.
Refer your students to additional resources located at the Media Commons web site.
Information for Students
Technical support for the Media Commons is available through:
- The Media Commons website - View tutorials and samples of work done by other students. Ask questions to a live support person.
- Local Media Commons support staff schedule - Drop in or schedule an appointment in Thun 127 for one-on-one assistance with iMovie or GarageBand.
- Media Commons Hotline - 1-866-266-7496 - Toll-free live support is available from 9 am - 9 pm Monday thru Thurday; and 9 am - 5 pm on Friday.
- E-mail Support - Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Need help using a Mac? Try these MacBook tutorials »
For additional information about the Media Commons, contact Mary Ann Mengel, ext. 6136.
- Center for Learning & Teaching
- Our Portfolio
- Instructional Resources