Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Undergraduate degree-seeking students admitted to the University as a first-year student may begin at one of twenty Penn State campuses in order to make progress in the foundation courses required of first and second-year students.
Students generally declare their academic major at the end of their second year of enrollment during the entrance-to-major process. If the student applies for a major that is not offered at the student’s current location, the student will be required to select an approved location during the entrance-to-major process (policy D1, D2).

Summer-Only Change of Campus

Students may register at any Penn State campus for summer sessions; therefore, no change of campus is required.

Temporary Change of Campus

Students may request a temporary change of campus for one semester only (fall or spring) for academic or personal reasons (policy D5). Students requesting this change must document clear and compelling reasons why this request should be considered.

If the request is approved:

  • It is valid for one semester only
  • The student’s location will automatically change back to their current campus at the end of one semester.
  • The student will retain the same academic adviser while at the temporary location. 

Check off the item in Section One of the Change of Campus (COC) Request form which indicates the request is for one (1) semester only, and hand in at 125 Franco Building. 

Change of Campus to Berks

  1. Complete COC Request form and turn into current campus or college COC contact.
  2. Current campus needs to approve student before Berks can consider the request.
  3. Berks Campus COC contact will review application and make decision.
  4. Student will be notified by email about decision. 
    Restrictions: juniors or seniors need to be able to schedule appropriate courses. 
  5. Student should contact current adviser for scheduling of courses. Check for seat availability on-line at: schedule.psu.edu.
  6. The COC request may be submitted immediately following the end of the regular course drop/add period in the semester immediately preceding the COC semester.
  7. Application for on-campus housing is a separate procedure (see below). Approval of COC does not guarantee on-campus housing.


  1. Students planning on completing a Berks degree should contact the program coordinator at Berks.
  2. Students planning on completing a degree at University Park may either see current adviser at current campus or contact college representative for the major.
  3. Students may locate suggested sequence of courses at Berks Recommended Academic Plans.


Visit our Housing and Food Services site at http://www.hfs.psu.edu/berks/

On Campus Housing

Change-of-Campus students who wish to apply for on-campus housing at Berks must do so through the eLiving Housing Contract System.

Off-campus Housing

Students planning to live off-campus should visit our Student Life web page:
Berks Off-campus Housing Site

Berks College Contact for Change of Campus Requests

Submit requests to Maria Moceri, mqm1@psu.edu.

Change of Campus from Berks

  1. Complete COC Request form and have College Representative sign. Form is also available in person at the Registrar’s Office, 125 Franco Building.
  2. Turn in completed COC form to the Registrar’s Office, 125 Franco Building.
  3. COC forms should be handed in following the regular drop/add period in the semester preceding the change-of-campus semester.
  4. If approved by Berks, your application will be forwarded to the new campus for review.
  5. The decision to accept student will then be determined by the new campus.
  6. Student will be notified by email about decision.


If COC is approved, student should contact current adviser for help in scheduling courses for the new campus through eLion.

College Contacts: http://registrar.psu.edu/change_campus/contacts.cfm